Prevent Accidents With Safe Driving HabitsPosted on: 15, August, 2017
Most safe driving habits are common sense, but all of us can use a reminder from time to time. You can significantly reduce the risk of accidents and protect your family by practicing some simple safe driving habits. And don’t forget, your Torrance auto repair and service specialists are always available to ensure your vehicle is both dependable and safe.
Safe Driving Habits
Safe driving habits are like any others: Good ones keep you out of trouble and bad ones can lead you down the wrong road. Follow your trusted Torrance auto repair and service center’s safe driving habits to reach your destination unharmed:
- Windshield wipers: You always want your windshield to be clean, but it’s easy to forget about your windshield wipers until you’re stuck in a downpour! Worn wipers can put you in serious danger during a rainstorm, so check them on a monthly basis for wear and tear. If you need help inspecting or changing your wipers, visit your Torrance auto repair and service center for professional assistance.
- Wiper fluid: Just like your windshield wipers, wiper fluid is an easy thing to forget when it comes to safe driving habits. Check your windshield wipers and fluid at the same time each month. It only takes a few minutes, but it can save you from some scary driving in inclement weather.
- Mirrors: Make sure your rearview and side mirrors are properly adjusted so you can see other cars and pedestrians clearly.
- Changing lanes: Always signal before changing lanes, and look over your shoulder to check your blind spot for cars you can’t see with your mirrors.
- Headlights: See your safe driving habits at work by making sure your headlights are clean, and always turn on your headlights in fog to increase visibility for yourself and other drivers. If your headlights are cloudy or yellowed, our San Pedro auto repair and headlight restoration service can help prevent accidents and save you money by not having to replace your headlights.
- Seat belts: Even if you’re only driving a short distance, one of your safe driving habits should always be to buckle up. You never know what you’ll encounter along the way.
- Cell phones: Use a hands-free device if you have to make a call while driving. It’s an important safe driving habit and it’s the law!
- Car Interior: Keep the inside of your car clean and free of any debris that could put you in danger. Something as simple as a fallen child’s toy or a loose book could fall underneath the brake pedal and be a recipe for disaster.
Your Torrance auto repair and service center is committed to preventing problems before they happen, so practice these safe driving habits and bring your car to your Torrance auto repair and service center if you have any questions or concerns about the safety of your car. Every service we provide includes a 40-point inspection of each vital system of your vehicle. It’s a free service we offer because we’re passionate about the day-to-day performance and safety of your car.
Learn more about safe driving habits and how your Torrance auto repair and service center can keep your car and family safe at Hillside Auto Repair's Car Care Tips blog. Call 310.504.1243 to schedule an appointment today.