Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial summer kick off.
Are you heading out of town this Memorial Day weekend? Or hanging out with family and friends enjoying those hamburgers and hot dogs? Well you won't be alone out there. This weekend is one of the busiest traffic weekends. More vehicles equal more accidents. With more people on the roads, it’s important to drive safely.
Before you head out, check out the travel safety tips. Whether you’re traveling out of Los Angeles or just nearby to enjoy a backyard BBQ with family and friends, make sure it's a fun safe, summer kick-off weekend. Here are some tips that might just help keep you safe out there.
Memorial Day Travel Safety Tips...
- Before heading out, make sure your vehicle has been serviced.
- Buckle-up! Always wear your seat belt. (We know you know, just had to say it)
- Avoid distractions while driving, like cell phones.
- Use caution in highway work zone areas.
- Don’t follow other vehicles too closely.
- If it's a long trip, make frequent stops.
- Don't let your gas tank get too low. Especially if you're not sure where the next gas station is.
Please don't drink and drive.
Other Memorial Day Safety Tips...
- Never leave the BBQ grill unattended.
- Always have a fire extinguisher handy, just in case.
- Keep hot food heated until ready to eat
- Keep cold food on ice or refrigerated.
- When in the sun, wear a hat, sunglasses and don't forget the sunscreen.
- If swimming, don't swim alone and never leave children unattended near the pool or water.
As families across Torrance get ready to kick off the summer and honor our military heroes this Memorial Day weekend, Hillside Auto Repair urges everyone to stay safe on the roads this Memorial Day weekend.
Call 310-373-7676 to schedule an appointment or schedule your appointment online: (insert Request Appointment button).