Is that your car making that "funny noise" or is it the car next to you?
Hopefully you answered, the car next to you. You have nothing to worry about if you've been proactive with your vehicle maintenance. You have been taking your vehicle in for those scheduled vehicle maintenance visits, right? We know, we all get busy and life happens. There are usually warning signs, but if you missed them and you do hear a "funny noise" or see the dreaded "check engine light" don't panic, but don't ignore it.
Here are some common warning signs...
Check Engine Light
If your Check Engine light is on, one or more of the following engine components may need servicing:
- Engine sensors
- Ignition module and wiring
- Fuel pump
- Distributor cap and rotor
- Coil packs
If you notice one more more of these, your brakes may need some attention:
- "Funny noise" is a high-pitched screeching sound when you applied your brakes. That's the indicator, which is giving you an audible warning that you need to replace your brake pads.
- Brake dust and flaking.
- Your vehicle shakes or pulls in one direction when braking.
- Your brake pedal feels “soft” or “mushy” when you press it.
- Extensive brake pedal travel (pedal too low).
If you notice one or more of these, it may mean your car's fluids need some attention:
- You see fluid leaking underneath your engine are.
- Your oil pressure light comes on, flickers or stays on.
- Your transmission is not shifting correctly.
- Your engine or transmission is making odd noises.
- Fluids have a strong burnt odor.
- Specific warning lights illuminated on dash.
At Hillside Auto Repair our technicians will inspect and pin-point the problem with our state-of-the-art diagnostic tools, make the necessary repairs and get you back on the road without that "funny noise" or "check engine light". Call Hillside Auto Repair today, 310-373-7676, or request an appointment online: