... how are your car's windshield wipers?
Do you have a clear, clean view after they whoosh left and right across your windshield? Or are you looking through streaks? It’s probably a good time to check those wiper blades and if need be, replace them.
Here are a few things to listen, watch and check for:
Things to listen for:
- Slapping sound - the rubber has torn from the arm.
- Screeching sound - there is friction between the glass and the blade.
- Vibration - the blade is worn or not mounted on the arm correctly.
Things to watch for:
- Lace pattern - the rubber has bent too far.
- Filmy haze - most likely is oil or road debris on the rubber.
- Cracked or hardened rubber - will result in streaks when the blades go across your window.
Things to check for:
- Splits or gouges in the rubber
- Ragged edges
If you hear or see any of the above, it's time for wiper blade replacements. Either the whole blade or just a rubber refill. Be ready so you can see next time it rains. Don't get stuck trying to look through streaks. If your wiper blades are bad, don't wait to have them replaced.
If you need help with your windshield wiper replacement or other auto service, call Hillside Auto Repair at 310-373-7676 to schedule an appointment or click here: