Hybrid Brakes should not be ignored.
Just because you drive a hybrid doesn't mean your brakes don't need some attention once in a while. They have a big job to do! Whether you drive a vehicle with a traditional braking system or a hybrid with a regenerative braking system, they still need to be maintained. Having your brakes checked is an important part of keeping you and your family safe. By replacing your brakes when needed, you'll avoid the risk of more costly repairs or better yet, getting into an accident.
Traditional Braking vs Regenerative Braking...
Traditional Braking Systems
Pressing the on the brake pedal causes the brake pads to come in contact with a brake rotor surface.
The friction produces heat, brake cooling systems help dissipate heat from the brakes. The heat is lost.
Regenerative Braking Systems
Pressing the on the brake pedal causes the regenerative braking circuit to switch to the motor, it then operates in reverse to counter the direction of the wheels.
This reversal makes it perform like a power generator, the electricity goes towards the car's storage batteries and recharges them. (See that's a pretty big job!)
When traveling at higher speeds, regenerative brakes still need the assistance of traditional brake systems to be applied as a backup.
If it's been a while since your last visit and you notice any the following, give us a call. Don't wait, a simple repair could turn into something more costly.
- Grinding, pulsating or vibrating
- Vehicle pulls to one side or the other when braking.
- The parking brake won’t hold.
- The resistance feels strange or there's no resistance at all. (Hybrid Regenerative Braking System)
At Hillside Auto Repair, our team of technicians are certified of completion in hybrid technology and have the qualified skills and experience performing brake repairs on all hybrid and gas vehicles.
Our brake service includes...
- Install new brake pads and/or shoes
- Resurface drums and/or rotors (replace if needed)
- Brake system fluid exchange (if needed)
- Clean and adjust rear axle brakes (if equipped) and emergency brake (if needed)
- Install factory re-manufactured calipers and/or new wheel cylinders (if needed)
- Test drive
- 24 month/24,000 mile warranty on parts and labor (calipers/wheel cylinders only)
Got questions or concerns about your brakes or if you want to schedule a brake service appointment, call Hillside Auto Repair today, 310.373.7676 or schedule your appointment online.